ALTA Clara At The Fells - Stoneham, MA
Allen & Major Associates, Inc. provided land survey, civil engineering, and landscape architecture design and construction support for this multi-family development located adjacent to the Middlesex Fells Reservation. The project included the following:
- Three (3) buildings, 261 total units, a clubhouse, and 6 garages.
- All runoff from the site is captured and treated by structural Best Management Practices (BMPs) including two (2) underground infiltration systems with a combined storage capacity of 63k c.f.
- Permitting began back in 2010 but a shovel was finally put in the ground around May of 2018 and completed in the fall of 2020.
- Zero entrance pool, with associated cabana outbuilding featuring gas grills, outdoor kitchen area & restrooms
- Extensive hardscape including undulating stacked stone walls, stamped and stained concrete, and pavers for visual texture
- Firepit lounge area for extending the seasons
- A full variety of site furnishings
- Dog park area for a pet-friendly community
- Extensive plantings including trees, evergreens, and native perennials, raised planters, and earthen berms for noise reduction
- Walking paths including connection to hiking trails in the Middlesex Fells Reservation